Ah... Au Chocolate and Chipboard... Yum!

I'm having a little get-together to say goodbye to the Stampin' Up! stamps that will be retiring on July 1... I don't have a ton of retiring stamps (since I'm pretty new to this), but I do have a few, and we'll be using them to make a few cards. Click on the My Events link <-- over there, on the left for information from my Stampin' Up! website. One lucky attendee will take home this box - somewhere to put all the cards they make! I've been seeing all the awesome coaster boxes people have been making and posting on their blogs, and wanted to give it a try. I was most recently inspired by this box by Sue Mylde. I LOVE those Au Chocolate papers and knew I had to use them.

I didn't have any coasters on hand (in fact, I've never bought any... apparently the only stamper left in the world not to have done so! LOL!), but I did have some 8.5x11 sheets of chipboard I got at A.C. Moore. I cut the front and back panels to 5x4.5, the side panels are 2.5x5, and the bottom is 2.5x4.5. (this works to be a great size for holding a few 4.25x5.5 cards and envelopes). I added the designer paper to each side of the panels, sanded the edges, punched holes with the ol' Crop-o-dile, used Zip Glue (best paper glue in the world) to hold the sides to the bottom, then tied it all togther with SU cream colored grosgrain... I honestly can't believe it actually worked!

I used my Marvy scallop punch with Bashful Blue cardstock, and a smaller oval for the Chocolate Chip cardstock, affixed trim and flowers from the Simply Scrappin' kit I got during Sale-a-bration (I think... honestly wasn't paying enough attention back then) - wanted to add a little color for contrast. I must admit that my ribbon tying needs some work, but all in all, I love how it turned out. Thanks for all the inspiration fellow stampers!!!

Happy Memorial Day!

Credits: Everything to make the box (except chipboard) from Stampin' Up!
Edited 5/29: per SU rules, class information/flyer has been removed from this post... whoops.. still learning all the rules....

5 comments:

  1. Mary said...

    Your chipboard box is gorgeous! It was very creative of you to cut down the chipboard that you all ready have on hand. I love the SU Chocolate papers and I have the chipboard coasters. I hope to make one soon. Of course it will have to go on my list of the other "things to do" that I have going now. :)There is never enough time to dall all that I want. Thanks for sharing your chipboard box. I love it!

    Mary  

  2. Unknown said...

    that box is so cute!!  

  3. Michele Kovack said...

    This is so pretty! I really love this paper....I need to get some I think!  

  4. Anonymous said...

    What a cute box, Elizabeth. Love it!  

  5. Alli Miles said...

    Oh I haven't seen a box with this shape yet! Great work!!! Love it.
    Alli