Tres Jolie ... C'est Bon!

I can't believe I waited this long to break into the My Mind's Eye papers from their "Tres Jolie" collection! Well, honestly, I know why. The papers are so rich and lovely with a soft vintage feel - decidedly NOT my style. But when I saw them, I had to have them. And today, I finally used them!


The first card is one of those "hey, that's exactly what I wanted" kind of cards. Was going for a sweet little baby card... and I think I got it. This is also the first time I've used a stamp from the Wild About You set... oh the shame... the only person to ink them up so far was my oldest son! LOL!
Personally, I really love the twill tape for baby cards. Has such a natural feel... like a sweet lil' babe all swaddled up...
The sentiment is from The Cats Pajamas, and it's one of my very, very, very favorite stamps - love that little circle dot on the "i" - just makes me smile. I'm still not fully stocked on my SU inks, and would have used Pale Plum (as I did for the card base), but made do with Perfect Plum instead by inking up the elephant and stamping off once before stamping the image onto Very Vanilla cardstock. The sentiment is also stamped in Perfect Plum, and the flower and cardstock mat are both Mellow Moss. I used the Word Window punch on the front panel and was so happy that the sentiment fit perfectly. All in all, I like this card.


This card I like a teeny weeny bit less, but am pretty pleased with it. I feel like I need to find a nice old lady to give it too. :)
This time I used the MME paper for the card itself, then used a contrasting pattern and the solid side of two of the papers for the cardstock strips. Used the corner rounder punch for the sentiment strip, stamped the flower from Bodacious Bouquet with Perfect Plum Ink, cut it out and affixed with dimensionals. Worked pretty well, although admittedly not exactly the style I usually go for.

Thanks for looking! And hopefully I'll have some more creations with these beautiful papers to post soon (I did buy other colors, too!).

Happy Wednesday!

Card Credits:

"Little One" card: Patterned Cardstock - My Mind's Eye, Mademoiselle, Tres Jolie collection; Cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Pale Plum, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla); Ink - Stampin' Up! (Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss); Stamps - Stampin' Up! (Wild About You), The Cats Pajamas (Welcome Little One); Twill tape, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals - Stampin' Up!

"Thank You" card: Cardstock - My Mind's Eye, Mademoiselle, Tres Jolie collection; Ink - Stampin' Up! (Perfect Plum); Stamps - Stampin' Up! (Bodacious Bouquet, Wonderful Words), Rounded Corner punch, Dimensionals - Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

  1. Mary said...

    Both of your cards are goregous! Your work is lovely.

    Mary  

  2. Anne said...

    Great lil' one card with the "twill" and use of your "word window" punch Elizabeth! I don't think just an "olde" lady would enjoy the second card either! *grin*

    Hugs,
    Anne :)  

  3. Unknown said...

    Love that paper, I always try to resist buying it because it seems to be the most expensive stuff in the store, but so hard to resist.
    I agree...twill and baby cards, perfect match!  

  4. Tami Bayer said...

    The purple elephant makes the most adorable baby card. Great blog!  

  5. Anonymous said...

    These are so fun!! ....I'm a nice old lady... ;)