Oh Baby! (Secrets Revealed)

NO, I'M NOT HAVING ANOTHER BABY! (yet... <- did I say that outloud??? ;)

Well, it's nice to be back home with the boys (yes, I really do mean it!).

But I wanted to share something fun I made while I had the house to myself -


I have to admit something... my first little crafty secret... I'm not very good at altering things! Seriously! I always seem to get lost about a third of the way through an altering project - never enough embellishments, or things don't "connect".. I don't know.
More practice needed I guess.

That said, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, although the ribbons on top kind of look like a funky mop-top hairdo... oh well....

In case it's not obvious, it's just a little bucket that will be stuffed with onsies and towels and other baby things for someone special (I'm not saying who... ;)





The paper and the "design" were inspired by the "matching" card -







I kept most of the bucket's silver finish showing because I actually thought it was pretty, and it jived with the silver buttons I used on the card.

Now for the second secret - I bought the 120 box of prismacolors.... (But I used a coupon!). This is one of my first tries at coloring with them and some gamsol, and I had so much fun!

The stamp is one I got on sale at Michaels a loooong time ago, and then just shoved it in a drawer and forgot about it, but it was uber-fun to color.

Hope this makes the special someone smile!








Card credits: Cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Purely Pomegranite, Wild Wasabi), Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye; Ink - Stampin' Up! (Basic Black); Accessories - Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Stampin' Up! ribbon, Button Brads and Safety Pin - Making Memories

9 comments:

  1. beate said...

    Love your bucket and baby card! They are wonderful!  

  2. SpAzzGiRL said...

    The bucket and card are both adorable! Have fun with the pencils, I can't stop using them.  

  3. Elena said...

    I like it, Elizabeth! You did a great job! Glad to hear that you had a productive week without kids. Would your mom like to take my four???  

  4. Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

    Now this is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Fantastic job with the colors, the embellishments....everything about it is just perfect!  

  5. Aunt T said...

    Beautiful work - on both the card and the pail. Excellent job.

    Teresa  

  6. chelemom said...

    I love this bucket! Your coloring is fantastic....I have the 120 Prismas too! I am laughing at your dinner story...how old is your son? Too funny!  

  7. mimihas5 said...

    I think that you are very good at altering items. I *love* te baby pai amd the adorable card that matches. Any new Mom to be would be thrilled to recieve both as a gift???

    Mary  

  8. Flossie's Follies said...

    This is great, Love the bucket and the card.  

  9. domenica said...

    The bucket is fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration! I also love your card! The baby carriage is too cute!