Oh Baby! (Secrets Revealed)

NO, I'M NOT HAVING ANOTHER BABY! (yet... <- did I say that outloud??? ;)

Well, it's nice to be back home with the boys (yes, I really do mean it!).

But I wanted to share something fun I made while I had the house to myself -


I have to admit something... my first little crafty secret... I'm not very good at altering things! Seriously! I always seem to get lost about a third of the way through an altering project - never enough embellishments, or things don't "connect".. I don't know.
More practice needed I guess.

That said, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, although the ribbons on top kind of look like a funky mop-top hairdo... oh well....

In case it's not obvious, it's just a little bucket that will be stuffed with onsies and towels and other baby things for someone special (I'm not saying who... ;)





The paper and the "design" were inspired by the "matching" card -







I kept most of the bucket's silver finish showing because I actually thought it was pretty, and it jived with the silver buttons I used on the card.

Now for the second secret - I bought the 120 box of prismacolors.... (But I used a coupon!). This is one of my first tries at coloring with them and some gamsol, and I had so much fun!

The stamp is one I got on sale at Michaels a loooong time ago, and then just shoved it in a drawer and forgot about it, but it was uber-fun to color.

Hope this makes the special someone smile!








Card credits: Cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Purely Pomegranite, Wild Wasabi), Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye; Ink - Stampin' Up! (Basic Black); Accessories - Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Stampin' Up! ribbon, Button Brads and Safety Pin - Making Memories

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Love your bucket and baby card! They are wonderful!  

  2. Unknown said...

    The bucket and card are both adorable! Have fun with the pencils, I can't stop using them.  

  3. Elena said...

    I like it, Elizabeth! You did a great job! Glad to hear that you had a productive week without kids. Would your mom like to take my four???  

  4. Anonymous said...

    Now this is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Fantastic job with the colors, the embellishments....everything about it is just perfect!  

  5. Swamp Tulip said...

    Beautiful work - on both the card and the pail. Excellent job.

    Teresa  

  6. Michele Kovack said...

    I love this bucket! Your coloring is fantastic....I have the 120 Prismas too! I am laughing at your dinner story...how old is your son? Too funny!  

  7. Mary said...

    I think that you are very good at altering items. I *love* te baby pai amd the adorable card that matches. Any new Mom to be would be thrilled to recieve both as a gift???

    Mary  

  8. Alhambra Club said...

    This is great, Love the bucket and the card.  

  9. Anonymous said...

    The bucket is fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration! I also love your card! The baby carriage is too cute!