Goodbye Nice and Narrow


July 1 is quickly approaching. While I'm excited about seeing all the new stamps, I am a little meloncholic over some of my favorite stamps that are retiring. I thought I'd post some cards I've been making with some of these sets over the next couple of days or so.

Here's the first one! I just love this sweet little baby carriage from the Nice and Narrow set. Love its whimsy and sweetness. And I love the way it challenges me to design cards around the unique shape!

For this card, I stamped the image on Naturals White cardstock in Timber Brown StazOn. Then I used my blender pen to apply Encore ink to the carriage (it's nice and sparkly in real life!). Then I used the blender pen with my Tempting Turquoise marker - just touched the blender pen tip to the brush end of the marker - to apply a light wash of turquoise ink. Mounted the image on some of the Petals and Paisleys designer paper from the Spring Mini (sanded the edges to soften the look), tied the celery ribbon and mounted with dimensionals on a piece of twill tape. I was hoping for a card that could be used whether the baby was a boy or a girl, and I think this worked out pretty well.

Keep your eyes peeled... I'll be posting some more cards using some retiring sets soon!

Happy Saturday!

Card Credits: All supplies from Stampin' Up! - Sahara Sand, Naturals White cardstock, Timber Brown Stazon, Encore, Real Red inks, Tempting Turquoise marker and blender pen, Petals and Paisleys Designer Series paper, Celery Grosgrain ribbon, Twill Tape. I know that this layout was inspired by a card I saw in the Idea Book & Catalog, but gosh darn if I can remember which card it was!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    THIS card is ADORABLE!!! Love the huge twill on this!  

  2. Anonymous said...

    I always liked this set! Your card is so sweet :) I just placed my pre-order a minute ago and wow it's going to be a fun couple of months seeing what people do with all the new stuff!

    PS - I like the note from your mom :)  

  3. Anne said...

    What a cute "leggy" card Elizabeth! Really liking the huge twill strip! Can't wait to see your next creation! *wink*  

  4. Mary said...

    Your card is adorable Elizabeth. Adding the twill was a wonderful idea.

    Mary  

  5. Sew Club said...

    Cute card! Love the colors!  

  6. Vicki Chrisman said...

    Oh... so happy to have your blog! Everything on here is beautiful! LOVE that baby carriage!  

  7. Unknown said...

    Always liked this stamp set, love your use of Twill, I have some I have been saving for nothing, so now I may actually use the dang stuff.