Back With a Bang and a Tribute!

It's BAAAACK! I think I've got everything in order now... and I will not fool around with the Blog Gods again! Hope you like it like it is, 'cause it's not gonna change for a good long time. I, personally, LOVE my new banner - I created it using the Apron Strings 2 kit by Leora Sanford, available over at Designer Digitals. Was quick and easy, and I like it a little less busy than the other one.

Now for the real purpose of this post... in case you forgot (eek!) tomorrow is Father's Day! And I just want to share with you all a little something about the man in my life.... aka:


I'll let you in on a little secret - I'm definitely not a supermom.... But my dear, sweet, darling hubby is the epitome of SuperDad-ness! Here's the scoop - my first pregnancy (and the second, for that matter) was a big ole SURPRISE! A happy suprise, but unexpected nonetheless. We'd known each other for less than the socially-accepted period of time-you-should-know-someone-before-you-have-a-baby-together.

But did he run screaming? No. Did he cower under the weight of sudden responsibility? No. He stood like a rock, a fortress even, beside me and around me and with me. And I couldn't have asked for more.

More than stepping up to the plate, this man hits the ball out of the park every single day. He has changed infinitely more poopy diapers than me, mops floors, does the laundry, feeds and comforts crying babes in the night, cared for the kids while I finished law school and took the bar exam, vacuums, plays, reads.... He is truly a Super Dad. He is my hero. He is my kids' hero. And I adore him.

I adore you, Jason.

I respect you. I appreciate you.

I love you.

With all that I am.

Card Credits: Patterned Paper - American Crafts; Cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Whisper White, Real Red, Bashful Blue); Stamps - A Muse Artstamps; Ink - Stampin' Up (Black); Accessories and Tools: Scalloped and Oval Punches (Marvy); Colored Pencils (Koh-I-Nor); Gamsol; Stampin' Up Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Vicki Chrisman said...

    yay, I can post now! lol  

  2. Anne said...

    Okay girlie... I think I should hire you to make my banner for my blog! AWESOME job!

    LOVE the "Father's Day" card you masterminded... especially the card base PAPER!!!!

    Have a wonderful day with your family.

    Hugs,
    Anne :)  

  3. Reality Show Reject said...

    Elizabeth,
    That was absolutely beautiful what you wrote about Jason. And I agree, he is a super dad. I can only hope that your brother would be half the dad that Jason is if we had a wonderful surprise like you guys did. You have a great family! Hope to see you soon!

    Love,
    Kim