Step Away From the Patterned Paper....

and no one gets hurt.....

Okay, here's the story we all know and live and can tell a million times:

So I'm in A.C. Moore with Cade (he's the little one). Never a really good idea, since visiting the craft store with Mr. Grabby-Hands tends to warrant a few disapproving looks from the teenage salespeople and elderly shoppers. But all I needed was one set of baskets. Just one. I knew which ones I wanted. They were right by the cash registers. Just run in, grab the baskets, pay and go.

Then why, oh why was I standing in the scrapbook paper aisle? Just what was I doing there at all?

(You know where this is going, don't you?)

Why I was there - I can't rightly tell you. That entire portion of our visit is nothing but a blank for me.... But there I was. In the paper aisle. Mouth open, eyes wide - THEY HAVE NEW AUTUMN LEAVES PAPER PACKS FOR 50% OFF! That's just $10 for a pack of 100 12x12 sheets of those luxurious, beautiful, fun, colorful, wonderful Autum Leaves paper. "Cade!," I said, "they have Autum Leaves paper packs, and they're 50% off! .... Cade? .... Cade?...."

Aw, crap - so I lost the boy, but it was ONLY for a second. Trust me, Cade is not hard to find - just follow the pitter patter and the crash and there he is, just at the stamp display at the end of the aisle, climbing up the shelves to reach some stamp....

So... huge pack of patterned paper under one arm, toddler screaming about wanting a stamp tucked securely under the other, I managed to escape with nothing else except the pack of baskets (but only because the Cuttlebug embossing folders are actually locked up now... sheesh... how's a girl to grab and run with those?).

So, even though I do not, under any circumstances, need any more patterned paper (my vertical files are full....) - I got some. Lots. And I love, love, love it. It's so pretty and fun and not too heavy, so perfect for layering on cards.

And, this particular pack of paper has all these super-cute designs with little dots around some of the images. And guess what else happens to have some "dotty" images, too... the new In the Spotlight hostess stamp set I got for signing as an SU demo this month! Perfect!









There are definitely some things I'd change about these cards, but I like them, overall....

















If you read this far, you're a champ!

Card Credits:
"Thoughts of You" card: Patterned Paper - Autumn Leaves Couture Pack; Cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Kraft, Very Vanilla); Stamps - Stampin' Up! (Flower from In the Spotlight), Kollette Hall (sentiment); Ink - Stampin' Up! (Barely Banana, Ballet Blue, Real Red, Mellow Moss, Brilliant Blue); eyelets - WE R Memory Keepers; Hemp Twine - Michaels
"Thank You" card: Patterned Paper - Autumn Leaves Couture Pack; Cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Kraft, Very Vanilla); Stamps - Stampin' Up! (Flower from In the Spotlight), Rubber Soul (Thank You); Ink - Stampin' Up! (Barely Banana, Real Red, Ballet Blue, Green Galore); Eyelets - WE R Memory Keepers (large), Making Memories (small); Hemp Twine - Michaels; Stickles (Fruit Punch)

7 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Loving that paper, glad we don't have an AC moore or I would have to cram some of that into my full shelves.
    When I take the boy with me to the Michaels I always hear, "mom, what can you need? You own everything."  

  2. Michele Kovack said...

    OMG! I was laughing out loud reading your story! I so remember those days...my little guy is ten now! You are too funny! I love the cards too!  

  3. Pam Speidel said...

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment because it has led me to your wonderful blog!! :) I love your card creations and your new paper is awesome! Wish we had an ACM here as I hear so much about it. I especially enjoyed seeing your darling boys hamming it up for the camera...and the photos and narration of your hike is definitely "scrapbook worthy"!
    I'm off to post a new card design on my blog with a cute new Noah's Ark stamp. Check it out!
    Smiles, Pam
    "Stamping with Serendipity"
    p.s. adding your blog to my FAV list! :)  

  4. Swamp Tulip said...

    I enjoyed your story - you have a special gift :) Great paper. I enjoyed visiting your blog and love your creations.

    Teresa  

  5. Mary said...

    I am so bummed. The nearest AC Moore to me is in Manchester. I do not drive by myself there and I do not think that my husband will be taking me any time soon. The paper is loveley. Your cards are beautiful.Love them. I enjoyed your story about your son being in the store with you. It was quite funny. :)

    Mary  

  6. Anne said...

    Phew... glad the nearest AC Moore is about 1 1/2 hrs away from me, so it will be much easier for me "to step away from the paper!" So enjoyed the story Mom! *wink*

    How adorable is this lil shy guy!

    Hugs,
    Anne :)  

  7. Anonymous said...

    I love this story about Cade. I can just imagine it, too!