My Husband Had Glitter On His Face....

No, we didn't have any wild nights out.... tee hee .... My poor hubby remains traumatized by the fact that someone at his work pointed out that he had glitter on his face! Just part of his sparkling personality... yeah, right! Actually, I'm not sure exactly where that glitter came from (who, me? no....), but I'll tell you what - there is some major sparklin' on the way, baby!

That's right, there was a massive Dazzling Diamond Disaster in the house last weekend. Tragic. Just tragic.

I can't really talk about, still too fresh - let's just say that it all happened at the end of the day in my office/studio. When it was over, I simply stood up. Walked out of the room. Shut the door behind me. Sat down on the couch in the living room. Looked at hubby and said, "I'll just deal with that tomorrow."

And I did (sort of)...ugh. That stuff does not go away.

BUT...Why, you may ask, was she playing with those fabulous Dazzling Diamonds? It must be something super gorgeous!


Well, I don't know about super-gorgeous, but I did have a lot of fun adding some sparkle to this card! Unfortunately the camera didn't quite pick up the little sparklies in the center of the flowers ... but they really do look sweet in person.

So, this is my new favorite card.... My upline is holding a demo meeting next week and we're doing a swap using the new stamps. Hope everyone likes it (this is my first demo meeting and swap - I'm so excited!)

Used the Garden Silhouette's hostess set - coming soon! - and the be-u-ti-ful new In Colors (again, I couldn't get the colors quite right on the screen . . . they are stunning together in person, though), plus Basic Black, to make this one. And....*sniff*... the soon-to-be retired organdy ribbon.

Why?!?! Why the organdy?!?! Oh, the despair... I LOVE organdy ribbon...

Oh well, I'm sure I'll forget all about that when my new catalog arrives!!!

Have a Happy Saturday, all!

Card Credits: Everything from Stampin' Up! - Cardstock: River Rock, Basic Black, Sky Blue; Ink: Sky Blue, Groovy Guava; Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Much Appreciated; Extras: Dimensionals, White Organdy Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds; 2-Way Glue Pen

6 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Kinda afraid to comment, that glitter may pass through the computer!
    I pulled out the glitter last Saturday to make ONE card and was super careful...Found a sparkle on my forehead last night, was probably there all day!
    Explains why people were looking at me funny all day.  

  2. Alhambra Club said...

    Sorry about the diaster, but after looking at these cards, what can one say, they are great.  

  3. Alli Miles said...

    Hehe...glitter! That stuff never DOES go away...any time I use it I wear it for weeks. My DH won't go near me when he knows the glitter is out. He says he doesn't like to be shiny! Sorry to hear your woes but this card is terrific.  

  4. Anonymous said...

    your glitter story makes me giggle.... currently i've been finding glitter on my foster baby in the oddest of places. i can't figure out where it keeps coming from!!!

    love your card. love that set! i have yet to play with mine. you may have just inspired me to do so.  

  5. Elena said...

    What a beautiful card! Glitter is very contagious, just like chicken pox! :)  

  6. Mary said...

    I think your card *is* super goregous! I can hardly wait to get my hands on the in color card-stock by SU.

    Mary