Okay, trust me here... these two topics really are related....

First, I wanted to share with you this super-duper cute card I designed for my Retiring Party last Thursday. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to make it, but that's only because the ladies were chattin' it up and having such a nice time that we went a little slower than anticipated. But that's all right with me!

I am sad, however, that we will be saying goodbye to the underappreciated Super Squirrel.... I mean, look at this little guy! It just doesn't get much cuter! So he won't be making it into the new Catalog, but he'll always have a place in my home and in my heart.... *sniff*

Soooooo..... Quinn really loves this squirrel, too, so I was delighted when he asked me the other night if he could stamp a pink squirrel. Sure thing, dude! What could be more fun than a pink squirrel?!?!


Since I was working on a card swap (for my upline's demo meeting) using some of my preview stuff, I figured Groovy Guava was pink enough and let him use that. Well, he got to work! And made the cutest little Father's Day card. He was so very proud! (And of course, I was too). Hard to believe he's only three. And even harder to believe he'll be four in two weeks! Another *sniff* and a *sigh* . . . So here's his creation! The front:

And the inside (note the use of the words from the brand new, yet-to-be-released hostess set Garden Silhouettes... oh yeah, this little stamper is on the cutting edge...):


And the back (he saw my new A Muse stamps and had to use those, too. Hey, what's a Father's Day Card without a Super Dad and "My Hero" stamp? For real....):

Happy Father's Day to all you great dads out there (especially mine and my hubby) - love you guys!

6 comments:

  1. Mary said...

    The card that your son Quinn made for his Dad is wonderful!You can see that he put all of his effort into making his card.I'm sure that your husband was very happy to get it today. :) As for the pink skunk......how cute is that? I have not gotten any of the new SU items yet but intend to put an order in next week. I can hardly wait to get some of the new In colors along with a few of the stamp sets. Last but certainly not least, I *love* your new banner? Did you make it? Great job.

    Mary  

  2. Anne said...

    Just AWESOME Quinn! Love your idea of a "pink" squirrel! I bet your Dad was "tickled pink" when he received your card yesterday! *wink*

    Quinn might just be in charge of those stamps one day Mom! *wink*

    Hugs,
    Anne :)  

  3. Godelieve said...

    These are so cute! Love the pink and brown together, and Quinn's card is a treasure!!  

  4. Unknown said...

    Love it all, the cards, the banner, that your back...but took me 5 minutes to find the comments button! Duh!!
    I'm so used to seeing it at the bottom of the post, I was dumbfounded for a bit. LOL
    Thanks for the giggle.  

  5. Swamp Tulip said...

    Adorable cards. I just love the squirrel.

    Teresa  

  6. Elena said...

    Kid-made cards are really the best gift! I love it :)